Thursday, December 24, 2009

Morning of Surgery

December 4th is finally here. I have been waiting for this day for five months now. I have mixed emotions, part of me is so scared and the other part is excited for my munchkin to finally get her teeth fixed. I am trying not to let her see the worried side but I think she can sense it. Oh, did I mention that it is 4am and I am awake. I can't sleep.
One day when we were at one of our favorite places, Target, I asked her what was on our list to buy and she replied "new teeth, mine are all broken". That broke my heart. She is a beautiful girl with or without teeth.
She is my world and I pray she is safe and does well in surgery. I can't wait until noon, the surgery will be complete by then and we be very close to going home. This puts things in perspective and makes me realize how truly special life is and how blessed I am to have such a wonderful daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment